Monday, August 4, 2014

Update Part 2

So, July was my first month EVER to set goals for myself.  I may have bitten off more than I could chew for my first month.  But, I was pretty happy with myself for what I did accomplish the first month of goals. 


The first goal I set for myself was to get in shape.  It is REALLY important to me to stay in shape since I am getting older and menopausal.  It is a lot harder to lose weight when you have both of these things against you, BUT I am not going to use that as an excuse.  One can still get in shape and be healthy.  So, I did go to the gym a lot as well as yoga with my Sister in Law.  I actually LOVE yoga.  I love it more than just going to the gym and getting on a treadmill and lifting some weights.  But, the Hubby LOVES lifting weights and I wanted to do something with him.  But, I did learn that yoga is what I want to focus on so I do feel like I accomplished my first goal! 

My second goal was to eat healthy and only have one cheat day.  This was REALLY hard with trying to sell a house and never being home.  But, I did do pretty well and even managed to drop 5 pounds eating better.  I typically do eat pretty healthy during the week anyways, but the weekends do me in!! 

My third goal was to only drink alcohol once a week.  I will go ahead and day now that I FAILED this one REALLY BAD!!!!  Let's just keep in at that!

My final goal for July was to practice walking away from idiotic comments and I will tell you all that I did accomplish the goal I set for this one!!  I am pretty proud of myself because there were a few times when I could have indulged in this one!  But, I didn't!  YAY!!!!

So, for my August goals I wanted to make my goals a little bit more relaxing and obtainable since this is the month that I will be REALLY in deep with the house wrapping up and Little Man's arrival creeping up! 

My first goal is the MOST important.....Getting my house packed up.  I really want to get this done way before Little Man arrives so that I don't have to take time away from him to pack.  I started packing quit a while ago, then stopped but I am back at it!  I can do this one for sure!!

The next goal is to continue my workout regimen which is going to focus on yoga.  I want to spend this month really getting my practice in so I can have a routine when Little Man arrives as I will have to practice at home after he arrives. 

The next thing I want to set for myself is the direction I want to take this blog after Little Man arrives.  I want to turn my blog into a fashion blog with some of my life in it as well, but mainly just fashion.  I am excited about sharing all my outfits I have pinned on Pinterest that I am going to re-create from my own closet. 

My last goal is more about a matter of necessity.  I MUST get ready for Little Man's arrival at home.  It has been really quite depressing not being able to have a room set up for him when he gets home.  I learned back in early June that there was NO WAY possible the new house would be ready before Baby.  It really devastated me because it was the one thing I wanted to happen before he arrived.  But, it was something I had to accept and get prepared for.  So, I changed gears and just went ahead and moved forward with the décor I wanted for his room and just put it in a closet to pull out when we did finally get into the new house.  I placed the order for the bedding, had the drapery Lady get going on making the drapes for his room (which I can't wait to see) and get the furniture for his room.  I also knew he wouldn't be in his own room for a few months anyways, so it did help knowing his room wouldn't be used anyways.  I didn't want to waste time setting up a room in our current house just to take everything down when we moved a few weeks after he arrived anyways.  Plus, I am not a fan of the wall color or trim color in the two spare rooms in our current house, so it was easy to not fret over making a room in this house for him.  The crib was actually delivered yesterday and I had them set it up in our room.  I am sure the people that tour our house are like, WTF???  HA!!!  So, I have half of his stuff in one of the spare room and his crib in our room.  It actually looks like a baby store blew up upstairs.  There is stuff everywhere up there.  I sure hope whoever the random people looking at our house, like Baby stuff......

No comments:

Post a Comment